Dr. Timothy D. Sands
Virginia Tech's 16th president
On June 1, 2014, Timothy D. Sands became Virginia Tech's 16th president. He was selected by the presidential search committee in December 2013.
- Aims of Education, or What It Means to Be a Hokie: See video from the event | Download the speech
- Comments to the University Community, June 6, 2014 Open House (Download a copy)
- Open letter from new Virginia Tech President Tim Sands to the university community
- September 2014: Division of Student Affairs Fall Town hall interview with Timothy D. Sands
- December 2013: Press conference introducing Dr. Sands to the Virginia Tech community.
From Virginia Tech Magazine
Our Plans to Invent the Future
Virginia Tech is on pace to rank among the nation's top institutions of higher learning.
- A Plan for a New Horizon: University Strategic Plan 2012-18
Office of the President
Burruss Hall, Suite 210
800 Drillfield Drive
Blacksburg, VA 24061