Search for Executive Vice President and Chief Business Officer
About the Role
Virginia Tech seeks a bold and inspirational leader with an accomplished business, administrative, and operations background with notable executive experience in the public, nonprofit, and/or private sectors. S/he will have had a positive, sustained impact in complex environments, where collaboration and influence management were critical to success. Reporting to the President, the Executive Vice President and Chief Business Officer is responsible for the financial, administrative, physical, technological, and operational infrastructure of the university and leads these areas in support of its teaching, research, and outreach missions.
Julia Ross, the Paul and Dorothea Torgersen Dean of Engineering, will chair the search committee. Members of the search committee include:
- Mac Babb, chief of police and director of security
- Kay Heidbreder, university counsel
- Art Keown, alumni distinguished professor, Pamplin College of Business
- Kelly Oaks, associate vice president for equity and accessibility
- Minh-An Pence, outreach engagement recruiting specialist
- Menah Pratt-Clarke, vice president for diversity, inclusion, and strategic affairs
- Brennan Shepard, director of financial planning
- Dan Sui, senior vice president for research and innovation
- Anthony Watson, director of facilities operations services
- Chris Yianilos, vice president for government and community relations
- Dawn Zimmer, executive director, information technology experience & engagement
Sandee Cheynet, assistant vice president for human resources, will serve as the administrative contact, and Amanda Lucas, project coordinator, will provide administrative support for the search committee. Virginia Tech has retained Korn Ferry to assist with this search.